Welcome to the Teaching Artist Source, an online information service and telephone/email hotline for teaching artists and artists. Teaching Artist Source is a feature of NYFA Source, a national database of programs for artists of all disciplines, the most comprehensive of its kind in the country. Use this service to find information on grants, services, and publications specifically for teaching artists on the local, regional, state and national level. Also, find information about creative learning opportunities for artists, including classes and workshops.
What is a Teaching Artist?
Ready to start searching the Teaching Artist Source?
To locate ALL programs for teaching artists listed in NYFA Source:
- Click here to go to the Search page
- Scroll down the page and select the Discipline category "Arts-Related Professions" (you must select this information to access Teaching Artist resources)
- Under the main discipline category, select the subdiscipline "Teaching Artist/Arts Educator"
To further refine your search by geography:
Scroll down to "Location/Geographic Eligibility" and select a state in "Programs Open Only to Applicants Living in a Specific State", or also select "Programs Open to Applicants Worldwide," and "Programs Open to Applicants Living in Any US State, Territory, or Indian Nation"
To further refine your search by type of program or service:
Select an Award type OR Services topic (see below for a list of Teaching Artist topics). HINT: Do not attempt to search Award types AND Services topics simultaneously.
To further refine your search by keyword:
Try entering a key word or phrase in the Keyword field at the top of the page, such as "dance," "music," "writer," or "visual art."
Teaching Artist Source currently includes the following types of Awards or Services for teaching artists:
- Cash Grants/Monetary Awards
- Artist Communities/Artist-in-Residence Programs
Arts Education/Teaching Artists
Space/Equipment/Materials(Access & Information)
- After School Art Programs in NYC for Elementary, Middle and High School Students
- Apprenticeship/Internship Programs
- Arts Education Programs (K-12)
- Certificate Programs
- Graduate Degree Programs
- Public Programs (Community-Based)
- Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Workshops/Classes/Studio Programs
- Arts-in-Education Rosters
- Curriculum Resources
For More information about conducting queries in Teaching Artist Source visit Teaching Artist Source FAQ
- Arts in Education (K-12) Residency Information
For additional Teaching Artist Resources, visit the archives of Chalkboard, NYFA's former quarterly arts in education publication.
Need help? Assistance is available for teaching artists and artists by email: source[at]nyfa.org, or by telephone: 1 (800) 232-2789.