CUBAN ARTISTS FUND
Your support enables us to offer programs likes these currently under development for 2018:
· Cuban Arts Talk With…a series of interviews and panel discussions with artists that includes public Q&A. Hermes Mallea, author of Havana Living Today, kicks off the series in February.
· Short Film Screenings offering insights into Cuban independent films
· Studio visits to an emerging arts colony featuring Jorge Wellesley Burke, Marlys Fuego, William Perez, Kenia Arguinao Vega, Jairo Alfonso, Douglas Argulles Cruz and other artists who recently transitioned to the U.S.
· Exclusive dance performance featuring dancers of Danza Acosta
· The 10th public art project at Times Square, done collaboratively with the Times Square Alliance, builds on our highly successful efforts that have featured Emilio Perez, Rachel Valdez Camejo, Aimee Garcia, Esterio Segura, Arles Del Rio and others.
Artists play a significant role in the relationship between the U. S. and Cuba by helping to create a language and a safe place for marginalized audiences to come together. Despite expected gaps in diplomacy, there are new opportunities to support artistic exchanges over the long term. As an enabler of artistic dialogue and mutual understanding during the highs and lows in relations during the last 20 years, CAF has a proven track record of facilitating cultural exchanges, arranging conferences, and creating a network of support between Havana and New York. Continuing the cultural exchange and programs that we have championed will be paramount to maintaining any positive gains made in the last five years.
We thank you for your consideration and support.
Ben Rodriguez-Cubeñas, Chairman & Carlos M. Pomares, Executive Director