Fiscal Sponsorship (Main) | Fiscal Sponsorship FAQs | Directory of Sponsored Projects & Organizations
Application to NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship is free, and open to all artists with a U.S. Social Security number, regardless of location.
Artists who live in the U.S. but work overseas are welcome to apply.
Application must include the following:
- project description
- work samples (if applicable)
Deadlines to apply: June 30, September 30, December 31 and March 30. NYFA also accepts out-of-cycle reviews please email email@example.com for more details.
- Artist projects and emerging organizations must have a minimum budget of $15,000. This money need not be committed before applying for fiscal sponsorship or being accepted into the NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship program.
- For accepted projects,NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship charges an 8% administrative fee, $100 contract fee, and a $50 annual renewal fee.
- For accepted organizations,NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship charges an 8% administrative fee, a $100 contract fee, a $100 annual renewal fee, and a $45 quarterly maintenance fee.
- Emerging organizations must be incorporated — or in the process of incorporating — as a nonprofit on the state level.
For more information about fiscal sponsorship, NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship's processes, and other benefits, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Photo, at top: Matt Bua, Catamount People's Museum. Public Park for the Town of Catskill, NY. 2010. Funded by the Harpo Foundation.