Apply to NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship
Application for NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship is free and open to all artists with a U.S. Tax Identification Number, regardless of location. Artists who live in the U.S. but work overseas are welcome to apply.
Deadlines to apply: 11:59 PM EST on June 30, September 30, December 31, and March 31. NYFA also accepts out-of-cycle reviews; please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Download NYFA's Fiscal Sponsorship Application Guide here.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTSApplication must include the following:
- Project description
- Work samples (if applicable)
- Letter of support
- Artist projects and emerging organizations must have a minimum budget of $15,000. This money need not be committed before applying for Fiscal Sponsorship or being accepted into the NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship program.
- For accepted projects, NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship charges an 8% administrative fee, $100 contract fee, and a $50 annual renewal fee.
- For accepted organizations, NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship charges an 8% administrative fee, a $100 contract fee, a $100 annual renewal fee, and a $45 quarterly maintenance fee.
- Emerging organizations must be incorporated — or in the process of incorporating — as a nonprofit on the state level.
For more information about fiscal sponsorship, NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship's processes, and other benefits, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Image Credit: (detail) Leigh Davis (Sponsored Project), Inquiry Into the ELE, 2017, Still