xThis is staging just to let you know
This professional development service was created for artists and arts administrators, providing individualized sessions with specialized NYFA staff either in-person or remotely.
NYFA has been offering personalized feedback, recommendations, and guidance to artists and arts administrators enrolled in our programs for decades. Now, anyone can access this same level of support. A NYFA Coaching session is customized to your needs and is based on NYFA staff's own experience as art industry leaders. Our goal for every session is to give you feedback that is specific to your circumstances and needs. Your NYFA coach will help you strengthen your professional materials and will recommend "next steps" for furthering your professional goals.
NYFA COACHING MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Want a second set of eyes to review your cover letter and resume;
- Want feedback on a grant or residency application before you submit it;
- Need support crafting your fundraising or marketing strategy;
- Want someone to help you identify and outline professional strategies that best fit your needs and skills.
HOW IT WORKS:
- NYFA Coaching sessions are fee-based and require no current enrollment in a NYFA program. They are open to anyone!
- Session prices range from $40-$100. All sessions include a high level of dedicated staff time for reviewing your materials and offering direct feedback via email and phone.
- You can select a 20-minute or 40-minute session based on your own needs. We recommend booking a 40-minute session for strategy building and/or application reviews. The 20-minute sessions are best for the review of short materials like a cover letter or your portfolio.
- Select the coach that is the best fit for you and your professional needs. Need a different coach for different reasons, then book separate sessions!
- Reserve your session using our simple online platform. Make sure you provide all requested information so we can give you our best feedback and recommendations.
- Be prepared for a thoughtful and productive conversation with your NYFA Coach about your materials and next steps.
WHO WE ARE:
- Madeleine Cutrona - Senior Program Officer for Fiscal Sponsorship at NYFA. She consults on project management, fundraising strategy, and grant and project budget review. She brings a decade of experience teaching visual art, helping artists connect with audiences, and making art and fundraising for her own projects.
- Matthew Seig - Media/Film Consultant at NYFA. He brings his experience as a producer or director of over twelve films, both documentary and narrative, as well as film programming for community, festival, and art-house exhibition, to his role advising filmmakers at NYFA.
Image Credit: A NYFA Coaching session at NYFA's Brooklyn office, Photo Credit: Amy Aronoff for NYFA