Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
New York, NY
Lincoln Center Communications Department
The Communications Department is responsible for defining, developing, and overseeing the overall messaging and media strategy for LCPA’s performances, events and programs, and institutional initiatives. Comprised of three areas—public relations, social media, and original editorial content—Communications operates within the External Relations Department and collaborates closely with senior staff, as well as the marketing and digital teams.
The Social Media Intern will work closely with the department’s director to plan, produce, create, publish, and monitor content on all social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and more. S/he will provide support in cultivating relationships with influencers and assist with tracking social media analytics to report and analyze the success of various social media campaigns. S/he will assist with organizing shoots using professional cameras, digital editing, and lighting and audio equipment, and with creating original video and photo content. The Intern will have the opportunity to participate in brainstorming sessions and other weekly meetings, as well as occasional outings with the rest of the Department. This is an excellent opportunity for a student with a specific interest in video, social media, the performing arts, and in creating original, engaging content. Attendance at evening or weekend events will be required, and additional administrative tasks will be assigned as needed.
Programs and projects during this period include:
• Midsummer Night Swing
• Lincoln Center Out of Doors
• Mostly Mozart Festival
• Live from Lincoln Center
• Programming at the David Rubenstein Atrium
• Lincoln Center Education
This internship might be right for you if you are:
• Passionate about social media and digital content
• Experienced with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
• Knowledgeable in MS Office, especially in Excel, with strong writing and editing skills
• Able to work well with others
• Highly attentive to detail in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
• Organized and have administrative experience
• Enthusiastic, creative, energetic, and flexible, with a great sense of humor
• Comfortable contributing ideas and participating in group brainstorming sessions
• Able to carry 30 pounds
• Experience and/or an eye for photography and videography preferred
• Interest in Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, and DSLR cameras preferred
• Interest in video editing and video capture preferred
Interns are paid $13 an hour for a 40-hour work week. This is a seasonal position from Mid-May 2018 through to August of 2018.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Social Media Intern– Lincoln Center” in the subject line. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.