The New York Pops
New York, NY
Part Time Permanent
The Library Assistant reports to and assists the Librarian with administrative support of the orchestra’s Music Library and performance preparation; and also assists with similar duties in support of the Music Director’s additional performances around the country. This position is part-time and does not include rehearsal or performance duties.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Data entry for library elements within the catalog.
• Support of and delivery of music to conductor, guest artists, and orchestra musicians.
• General record keeping and cataloging.
• Preparation of parts including marking of bowings, cuts, edits, page-turns, and inserts.
• Breaking down concert folders and filing orchestra sets.
• Scanning, printing, and binding scores and parts.
• Other duties as assigned or apparent.
Minimum Education and Experience
• 200 hours (or two years part-time work) of prior performance library experience
• Musical performance background; basic knowledge of music theory, history, and terminology.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent communication skills.
• Exemplary attention to detail.
• Able to take explicit direction and commitment to following through to meet deadlines.
• Proactive communicator.
• Ability to organize effectively and work independently.
• Work well independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
The ideal candidate will also:
• Exhibit an interest and working knowledge of New York City’s arts/culture/entertainment industry
• Maintain an enthusiastic and positive attitude with a sense of humor.
• Employ an open mind
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
• Able to lift and move 10+lbs comfortably.
Wages and Benefits
• Hourly wage commensurate with experience.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Email resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title in the subject.