New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA)
Full Time Permanent
TITLE: Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales & Communications
STATUS: Full-time permanent
The Sales Manager brings in new advertisers/sponsors in the form of job and opportunity listings, banner ads, sponsored content, and digital partnerships for New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA), a national nonprofit that assists artists and emerging organizations. The Sales Manager works closely with the customer relations and technology lead to support customer needs, market NYFA’s online services to new audiences, and drive new revenue for NYFA.
As the largest earned income generator for the organization, NYFA’s online advertising brings in necessary funds to support NYFA’s free and/or low-cost programming for artists and it is the charge of the Sales Manager to generate new business with NYFA’s mission in mind. The ideal candidate is driven by this charge, likes meeting new people, and is passionate about connecting job seekers and employers through technology. Reporting to the Director of Sales & Communications, the Sales Manager will join a five person communications team and a staff of thirty employees.
- Develop and implement sales strategy for Classifieds program based on analysis of opportunities and competitors.
- Manage the sales process from prospect identification, close of sale, and follow-up.
- Develop and maintain active relationships with advertisers, ad agencies, and promotional partners. Maintain advertiser database.
- Conduct direct outreach to advertisers on a daily basis paying attention to reaching new markets for NYFA in terms of industry, artistic discipline, and geography. Plan, prepare, and conduct sales meetings along with email and phone solicitations.
- Represent NYFA at events, conferences, and career or resource fairs.
- Research and implement new initiatives to increase sales and raise NYFA’s visibility, including trades, social media campaigns, etc. Develop metrics to evaluate the success of these initiatives and adapt strategies as necessary.
- Contribute strategically to the growth and direction of NYFA’s resources and programs.
- Monitor sales and accurately forecast revenue growth; meet and/or exceed all income goals.
- Remain well-versed on industry trends and best practices and competitor websites; work with Account Manager, NYFA Classifieds to make recommendations as necessary.
- Potential to contribute content to NYFA’s blog to promote NYFA’s online services, including job and opportunity round-ups, and articles on creative careers and working in the arts.
- General coverage and support to the program as necessary, including reviewing and posting NYFA Classifieds submissions.
- Other tasks as needed.
- At least 3 years experience in sales, marketing, and/or advertising. Experience working for a job board a plus.
- Must be technically savvy. MS Office and Google Apps required. Experience with Freshdesk, Doubleclick, Google Analytics, HTML, Join.me, Asana, and web-based CMS preferred.
- Detail-oriented with strong writing skills and polite phone manner.
- Comfortable working in a dog-friendly environment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Mid 40s base salary with bonus structure, subsidized Health/Dental/Vision insurance as well as full coverage of Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. Three weeks paid vacation plus holidays. Pre-Tax Transitchek options.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email cover letter and resume to Molly Martin at email@example.com with “Sales Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A diverse staff is critical to our mission to serve all artists. Individuals of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. NYFA's offices are accessible.