Apply Now | Fiscal Sponsorship
Join NYFA’s fiscal sponsorship program to expand your fundraising opportunities. Applications are due December 31, 2020.
New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) supports artists across disciplines by providing resources to help you develop creative projects and further your career. Funding is a vital part of project development, and NYFA’s Fiscal Sponsorship program can open doors for the funding of your creative project.
What We Do
NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship is a financial and administrative tool that allows your art project or emerging organization to use NYFA’s 501(c)(3) nonprofit status to fundraise for your activities. With this partnership you gain:
- Access to government, foundation, and corporate grants traditionally restricted to 501(c)(3) organizations
- The ability to offer all individual donors the benefit of a tax deduction
- Consultations with NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship staff
- Fiduciary oversight and financial record-keeping
- A public project profile page on NYFA.org
- Monthly Community Conversations with other project directors and Fiscal Sponsorship staff to help expand your network and resources
The next no-fee application deadline is December 31, 2020. To apply, you must meet these basic eligibility requirements:
- You understand that fiscal sponsorship is not a grant program
- Your project/organization is arts-based
- Your project includes a public benefit component
- Your project is non-profit in nature
- You want to access large-scale fundraising opportunities through individual donors, grants, and corporate sponsorship that is usually restricted to 501(c)(3) organizations
Our Fiscal Sponsorship team is dedicated to providing you with individualized support to help you make your fundraise for your project and share your project with the public. Our program offers remote no-cost consultations on topics such as:
- Grant research and proposals
- Fundraising strategies
- Project management
- Marketing materials
NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship’s quarterly no-fee application deadlines are December 31, March 31, June 30, and September 30. We also accept Out-of-Cycle Review applications year-round. Reach out to us at [email protected] for more information. Sign up for NYFA’s free bi-weekly newsletter to receive updates on future programs.