Live Now: November 19 #ArtistHotline
Join NYFA on Twitter until 5:30PM EST for Professional Development Resources & Advice
NYFA’s monthly Artist Professional Development Day is live on Twitter under the hashtag #ArtistHotline. As part of the day, we’re hosting an #ArtistHotline Guest Chat, Application Strategies: Grants, Residencies, and Open Calls, from 1-3PM, followed by a Twitter Q&A about this year’s NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship application.
How can I participate?
- If you don’t already have a Twitter account, create a free one now via this link.
- Tweet a career-related question, include the hashtag #ArtistHotline, and receive responses from NYFA staff and our national and international partnering nonprofits, exhibition, and presenting spaces.
- Answer questions from other artists and share your career tips, favorite resources, and upcoming arts deadlines.
- Don’t have a question? Follow the live feed here and learn about opportunities for artists in all disciplines.
Today’s #ArtistHotline Schedule:
- 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM: Ask your career questions and share resources throughout the day on Twitter with the hashtag #ArtistHotline
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM: Application Strategies: Grants, Residencies, and Open Calls Guest Chat: Ask questions and follow the conversation
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Twitter Q&A about this year’s NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship application
Follow the conversation live on Twitter via this link.
Inspired by the NYFA Source Hotline, #ArtistHotline is an initiative dedicated to creating an ongoing online conversation around the professional side of artistic practice. #ArtistHotline occurs on the third Wednesday of each month on Twitter. Our goal is to help artists discover the resources needed, online and off, to develop sustainable careers.
This initiative is supported by the Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation.
Image: Tristan Perich (Fellow in Digital/Electronic Arts ‘11) , Interval Study