NYFA Needs You
At NYFA we are always amazed and proud of the achievements of our affiliated artists, but 2015 has truly been a banner year. To cite just a few examples:
- Todd Haynes’ film Carol, with a screenplay by Phyllis Nagy, has won 4 New York Film Critics Awards and has been nominated for 5 Golden Globes (Haynes – Fellow in Film ’89; Nagy – Fellow in Playwriting/Screenwriting ’89)
- Joan Jonas was selected to represent the United States in the Venice Biennale (Fellow in Performance Art/Multidisciplinary Work ’90)
- Lisa Kron won two Tony Awards for her book and lyrics for Fun Home (Fellow in Playwriting/Screenwriting ’94)
- Gregory Pardlo, Jr. won the Pultizer Prize for Poetry (Fellow in Poetry ’05)
- Suzan-Lori Parks received the Dorothy and Lillian Gish Prize and was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize (Fellow in Playwriting/Screenwriting ’90)
- Basil Twist, puppetry artist and director, was awarded a MacArthur Fellowship (Fellow in Performance Art/Multidisciplinary Work ’03)
- Hanya Yanagihara’s novel A Little Life was nominated for the Booker Prize and the National Book Award (Fellow in Fiction ’02 & ’08)
All of these artists, and thousands of others, have benefited from the financial support, training, information, encouragement, and other services NYFA provides on a regular basis.
Now NYFA needs your support. Our goal is to raise $25,000 by the end of the calendar year and we hope you will help us meet that goal. Between now and December 31, 2015, if you donate $100 you will receive a NYFA 30th Anniversary commemorative tote bag and if you donate $150 and up you will receive the tote as well as the NYFA Collection Volume II CD.
Your gift is tax deductible and, more importantly, will help artists in all disciplines, at all stages in their careers make the work that moves us all. Donate Here!
Image: from top L to R Suzan-Lori Parks, Basil Twist, Gregory Pardlo, Lisa Kron, Joan Jonas, Hanya Yanagihara, Phyllis Nagy, Todd Haynes; NYFA tote and NYFA Collection Volume II CD, photo credit: Madeline Scholl and Grace Kang