The Workshop Series
WORKSHOP ONE: NFT FUNDAMENTALS
In this workshop, you’ll learn what NFTs are and how they can be utilized by:
- Learning the 101 vocabulary clearly defined (NFTs, blockchain, cryptocurrency, metaverse, Web3, DAO, smart contracts) and best practices you need to navigate the space.
- Understanding digital wallets through a step by step tutorial of how to set one up.
- Getting examples of how artists, performers, writers, and cultural workers can apply blockchain technology to financially support their practice/organization.
WORKSHOP TWO: LEARN HOW TO CREATE NFTs
In this workshop, you’ll build upon what you learned in workshop one to practice minting an eco-responsible NFT by:
- Practicing how to mint an NFT on alternative, energy efficient blockchains.
- Developing practical tools on how to incorporate NFTs into your studio practice and/or arts organization.
- Understanding how the NFT art market functions as an ecosystem for selling, collecting, and virtually showcasing work–including a live tour!
LIVE ONLINE INSTRUCTION FALL SESSION DATES:
|Part One: NFT Fundamentals||Part Two: Learn How to Create NFTs|
|Saturday, October 8th, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM||Saturday, October 15th, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Thursday, October 20th, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM||Thursday, October 27th, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Thursday, November 10th, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM||Thursday, November 17th, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
LEARN AT YOUR OWN PACE WORKSHOPS:
These workshops are currently available through an online learning portal where you can go at your own pace.
I loved the learn-as-you-go workshop and all the additional examples and resources that were provided. I started the workshop knowing only vague concepts of what NFTs are. Now, I have a solid understanding of digital wallets, blockchains, NFTs, and the metaverse.-Catherine Lewis, Summer 2022 Workshop Participant
Cost: Free to all artists, creatives, cultural workers, and non-profit professionals ($500 value)! You will receive a code for free access via the Technology Gap website.
Not you? You can purchase the course here.
The cost of the two-part workshop is $500.00 for those who do not qualify for free access. All proceeds go back into supporting the expansion of The Technology Gap Program.
For more information on who qualifies for free workshops, please visit our FAQ page.
As an older artist working in digital media I felt initially alienated and disconnected from the NFT and crypto community. This workshop helped me see a more well-rounded picture of the communities and participants involved. I left with a more positive outlook on how I can integrate and benefit from this space in a way that still feels authentic to my practice.-Bonita Oliver, Summer 2022 Workshop Participant
Have questions? Please email [email protected].
Image Detail: Vicki Da Silva, “Chimney Corner 2,” 2010