Save The Date: #ArtistHotline Returns July 20
Join our Artist Professional Development Day on the third Wednesday of every month. Mark your calendar for the next Twitter chat: Wednesday, July 20, 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
Thank you to everyone who participated in June’s #ArtistHotline! It’s been a fantastic year for this initiative and we’re happy to see our Twitter chat growing more and more.
In this month’s chat, we discussed:
- Mental health support for artists;
- Networking strategies for artists who are still in school – the sooner you start the better;
- How to take the next step after exhibiting in group shows;
- When, if, and how to take a break from your art against life pressures;
- How to balance working on the business side of your practice, creating new work, and making money;
- How to use social media and connections to market a public event;
- Techniques for piquing the interest of the press;
- Free platforms for artist websites;
- How to find a patron.
Read the full Storify by clicking here!
Inspired by the NYFA Source Hotline, #ArtistHotline is an initiative dedicated to creating an ongoing online conversation around the professional side of artistic practice. #ArtistHotline occurs on the third Wednesday of each month on Twitter. Our goal is to help artists discover the resources needed, online and off, to develop sustainable careers.
This initiative is supported by the Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation.
Image: Seth Michael Forman (Fellow in Painting ‘08), Traveler, 2004