Social | #ArtistHotline: January 17 Artist Professional Development Day
See your arts career in bloom: use the hashtag #ArtistHotline to participate this Wednesday, from 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST!
It’s 2018, and, for many creatives, the air is abuzz with newfound energy and resolve. Want some help sticking to your new year’s resolutions for your artistic practice? Hoping to share your work with the world and find more opportunites for doing so, but not sure where and how to start? Then join #ArtistHotline, a monthly Twitter chat that facilitates resource-sharing among artists of all disciplines and arts professionals across the country.
On January 17, 2018, you’ll be able to join conversations on a range of arts career topics on Twitter. Learn more about the day below.
Schedule for the Day
- 11:00 AM EST: #ArtistHotline begins, starting with an Open Chat! NYFA staff and partnering organizations will be online to field questions on any arts career topic and share advice. Wondering whether a grant or fellowship is the right fit for you? Need tips on prioritizing self-care? This is your time to ask for pointers from a supportive community!
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST: During the “New Year, New Budgets” Guest Chat, we’ll hear from two budgeting enthusiasts: playwright and performance artist Aaron Landsman and writer and content strategist Eleanor Whitney.
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST: During the “Art of the Job Hunt" Staff Q&A, Molly Martin, Account Manager – NYFA Classifieds, will share job searching tips. NYFA Classifieds is the most active arts and culture job board in the country, so Martin is sure to have invaluable advice, straight from the source.
Join the #ArtistHotline Conversation
Here’s how you can participate in #ArtistHotline throughout the day:
- If you don’t already have one, create a free Twitter account now.
- Follow the #ArtistHotline conversation live on Twitter.
- Tweet your questions using the hashtag #ArtistHotline and get responses from our industry experts, partnering organizations, and your fellow artists.
Want to join in but not sure how to get started? Try reading our Tips to Take Best Advantage of the Day. Then, chime in on Twitter on January 17!
Inspired by the NYFA Source Hotline, #ArtistHotline is an initiative dedicated to creating an ongoing online conversation around the professional side of artistic practice. #ArtistHotline occurs on the third Wednesday of each month on Twitter. Our goal is to help artists discover the resources needed, online and off, to develop sustainable careers.
This initiative is supported by the Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation.
Images: Shen Wei (Fellow in Photography ‘16); social media images: Paul J. Everett