Thank You for Joining #ArtistHotline!
Save the Date: February 17 for the next #ArtistHotline
Thank you for joining #ArtistHotline, NYFA’s Artist Professional Development Day providing an online real-time platform for artists to ask tough questions and get honest answers.
Today, the first conversation of the new year touched on:
- Arts Marketing: Why you need not fear it! How email lists, self promotion, & digital creative assets can be your best friends.
- The ever challenging ROI analysis of work versus results. How you can stay positive when succeeding in the arts world feels harder than climbing Mt. Everest.
- Knowing your audience: How to find the best market for your work.
- Networking: Online versus in person professional relationships.
- Does the barter system work in the arts? Can professional artists exchange services free of charge, and if so, how?
- Websites: If you build it, will they come or should a professional developer step up to the digital plate?
- Artist Collectives: What are the benefits of working collaboratively and sharing resources.
Thank you for joining today’s conversation. We’ll post our Storify recap next week. In the meantime, mark your calendar for our next #ArtistHotline: Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Inspired by the NYFA Source Hotline, #ArtistHotline is a new initiative dedicated to creating an ongoing online conversation around the professional side of artistic practice. #ArtistHotline occurs on the third Wednesday of each month on Twitter. Our goal is to help artists discover the resources needed, online and off, to develop sustainable careers.
This initiative is supported by the Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation