> Fiscal Sponsorship
NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship is one of the oldest and most reputable programs of its kind in the country.
WHAT IS FISCAL SPONSORSHIP?
Fiscal Sponsorship increases funding opportunities for individual artists and emerging arts organizations in all disciplines by allowing them to raise funds using NYFA's tax-exempt status as a 501(c)(3)-classified organization.
NYFA FISCAL SPONSORSHIP OFFERS:
- Access to large-scale funding opportunities from foundations or corporate funders that are usually restricted to 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations.
- The ability to offer individual donors the incentive of tax-deductible donations.
- A custom profile of your organization or project on NYFA's website and the means to collect online donations.
- Remote and in-person fundraising strategy-building with NYFA staff experts, including proposal writing, online giving, event planning, and board development.
- Financial services, including payroll services, vendor payments, and opt-in vendor 1099 tax form preparation.
- A bi-monthly newsletter with upcoming deadlines and events geared toward fiscally sponsored Artist Projects and Emerging Organizations.
- Access to NYFA’s wide range of services, resources, and professional development programs, including those exclusively available to fiscally sponsored Artist Projects and Emerging Organizations.
Undoubtedly, NYFA's Fiscal Sponsorship program has been instrumental in helping me make The Kim Loo Sisters documentary—from production to post-production. Without it, the film would not have been awarded a Lower Manhattan Cultural Community grant or a New York State Council for the Arts grant, nor received a number of donations from very generous private individuals. NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship is my film's lifeline.
-Lesli Li, The Kim Loo Sisters (Artist Project)
Open to all artists with a U.S. Tax Identification Number (TIN). Applications are accepted for Artist Projects or Emerging Organizations with a minimum budget of $15,000 (this money does not need to be committed before applying). Projects must be arts-related, have a public benefit, and not be commercial in nature. Emerging Organizations must be incorporated, or in the process of incorporating, as a nonprofit at the state level.
Deadlines to apply: June 30, September 30, December 31, and March 31. NYFA also accepts out-of-cycle reviews; please email email@example.com for more details.
- There is no fee to apply to NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship's quarterly deadlines.
- For accepted Artist Projects, NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship charges an 8% administrative fee, $100 contract fee, and a $50 annual renewal fee.
- For accepted Emerging Organizations, NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship charges an 8% administrative fee, a $100 contract fee, a $100 annual renewal fee, and a $45 quarterly maintenance fee.
NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship staff are available for remote and in-person career development appointments for artists and arts administrators outside of NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship through NYFA Coaching.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSAPPLY NOW
View our list of frequently asked questions about the NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship program.
Image Credit: (detail) INSITU Site-Specific Dance Festival (Sponsored Project), led by Svea Schneider, INSITU Site-Specific Dance Festival, July 2017, Photo Credit: Javier Gamboa