NYFA’s Professional Development programs provide artists, creators, students, and arts administrators with tools, strategies, and advice for building sustainable careers. We collaborate with organizations, academic institutions, and cultural partners to bring our programs to a broad range of national and international creative communities.Upcoming at NYFA
- Free and low-cost programs that are open to the public or provided through no-fee application processes.
- Workshops, individual consultations, and intensive training opportunities.
- Targeted programming that reflects current trends and developments across creative industries.
- Opportunities for participants to interact with consultants and staff to build their creative networks with similarly-motivated individuals.
Best for: budget-friendly, collaborative, and impactful learning with peers, led by industry experts.
- Serves arts administrators, students, artists and creatives nationally and internationally.
- Courses and workshops are designed by addressing current needs and trends in the field, with a focus on sustainability.
Best for: one-on-one advice from industry experts, scheduled at your convenience and based on your individual needs.
- Designed for arts administrators, artists of all disciplines, and those in creative fields.
- Provides expert advice and feedback for career sustainability and advancement. Meet our coaches here.
Best for: artists seeking one-on-one feedback from top curators, arts consultants, and arts administrators.
- Serves visual and multidisciplinary arts, including socially-engaged practices, video/film, and new media.
Take our advice home with you. Purchase our easy-to-digest handbook to gain insights into planning and organizing your arts career.
Image: The Profitable Artist, Photo and Artwork Credit: Marco Scozzaro (IAP ’16)
Best for: shifting your thinking and developing strategies for your business and making connections with other artists and creatives.
- Serves all artistic disciplines, creatives, and arts administrators.
- 1-4 day learning, with impactful blocks of programming on topics including fundraising, marketing, and strategic planning.
Best for: mid, senior, and executive-level arts administrators who are looking for arts leadership training and related content.
- Serves leaders from arts and cultural industries from a broad array of disciplines, focus, and small-to-large scale organizations.
- Offers workshops and e-courses, for specific content that aims to encourage both the sustainability and success of their organizations.
Incubator for Executive Leaders of Color
Best for: executive leaders of Color who are looking for art leadership training, based in NYC and Tri-State areas.
- Serves leaders of color from organizations from a broad array of disciplines, focus, and small-to-large organizations.
- Offers participants skills that will make them more effective in their current roles as well as develop training that aims to encourage both the sustainability and success of their organizations.
Immigrant Artist Program
Best for: immigrant artists looking for community, opportunities, resources, and career guidance.
- Includes NYFA’s renowned Immigrant Artist Mentoring Program, which pairs immigrant artists from all disciplines with artist mentors who provide one-on-one support.
- Provides culturally-specific support, services, and stories through the free Con Edison Immigrant Artist Newsletter and Online Directory.
FOR ORGANIZATIONS AND ACADEMIC INSTITUTIONS
NYFA offers the following with options for customization to provide targeted support for your constituents, available online:
Online Learning that can be designed and targeted towards specific topics and/or disciplines.
Career Advice through one-on-one consultations by topic or discipline with industry professionals as part of our Doctor’s Hours program, or a behind-the-scenes tour of professional review panels through our Work Sample Review program.
Entrepreneurial Intensives for artists of all disciplines who are looking to develop effective strategies for growing their practices, business, and careers.
Interested in any of the above? Please contact [email protected] for pricing and availability with the subject line “Professional Development Services Inquiry.”
NYFA Learning’s professional development programs are supported by Altman Foundation, Con Edison, Deutsche Bank, The Stephen and Palmina Pace Foundation, and Rockefeller Brothers Foundation.
These programs are supported in part by National Endowment for the Arts.
These programs are made possible in part by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature.
These programs are supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.
Image: Reggie Gray (Fellow in Choreography ’16)