Terms & Conditions
I. USER AGREEMENT
By using the NYFA website (https://www.nyfa.org) and NYFA Source, and the resources and links therein, the user hereby agrees to be bound by all of the terms and conditions contained in this User Agreement and Disclaimer. The New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) reserves the right to change the terms of this User Agreement and Disclaimer and will notify users of any such changes through this online posting. The user’s continued use of the NYFA website shall constitute his/her acceptance to be bound by any such changes.
Furthermore, the user acknowledges and accepts that NYFA is not responsible for any materials or viruses accessed, located, or stored on other Internet websites, nor is it liable for any inaccurate, defamatory, offensive, or illegal materials found on other Internet websites, and that the risk of injury from viewing, hearing, downloading, linking to, or storing such materials rests entirely with the user.
II. TRACKING AND SECURITY ISSUES
NYFA will not obtain personal information about a user who accesses the NYFA website unless the user chooses to provide such information. However, if a user sends an e-mail message or completes a web form that collects personal information, NYFA may retain the user’s e-mail address and personal information as appropriate for official business purposes. NYFA does not sell, rent, or share email addresses or personal information with any other businesses. NYFA may also use this information for its annual contribution drive.
The NYFA website may use software to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, to cause harm, or otherwise to damage the website. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this server are strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use, tampering with, or modification of this system, including supporting hardware or software, may subject the violator to criminal and civil penalties. In the event of unauthorized intrusion, all relevant information regarding possible violation of law may be provided to law enforcement officials.
III. INFORMATION DISCLAIMER (AS-IS Clause)
Due to the ongoing changes and improvements to Internet applications and public information postings, as well as the potential for human error, neither NYFA, nor any other party associated with the development and maintenance of the NYFA website, warrants that the information contained herein is in every respect accurate, complete, or current, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information.
In addition, neither NYFA nor any other party associated with the development and maintenance of the NYFA website warrants that the information contained at linked external websites is in every respect accurate, complete, or current, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. Furthermore, links from the NYFA website to other websites do not constitute an official endorsement by NYFA of the materials contained on such websites. These links are provided for informational purposes only. NYFA does not control these websites and is not responsible for their contents.
The information set forth in the NYFA website is furnished free of charge and is based on public domain information believed to be reliable. It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the content, quality, and accuracy of material or information obtained from other web sites. Users are urged to contact the responsible organization to confirm the accuracy of its information, especially when this information is time-sensitive. Information is to be used at the user’s own risk.
IV. FOR EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY (Copyright Issues)
Links to NYFA’s Website
Users may link to any html page in the NYFA website. Linking to .jpg of .gif images is not permitted.
Users may make a single copy of the content displayed on the NYFA website for personal, noncommercial use only, provided that the user does not remove any trademarks, copyright, and, any other notice contained in such content.
Commercial Use or Distribution of Materials
Users may not archive or retain any content in any form, distribute (including via email or the Internet) or otherwise make copies available to others for payment or other consideration, without the written permission of NYFA. Permission for such use is granted at the sole discretion of NYFA on a case-by-case basis. Permission may be granted via email. There may be a usage fee involved depending on the nature and type of the proposed use. Further copyright restrictions, in particular pertaining to artists’ images and work samples contained on the NYFA website, may also apply.
Artworks on the NYFA Web Site
All artworks (images, text, downloadable work samples, web sites linked from the NYFA web site, etc.) included on the NYFA web site are the property of the artist or other copyright holder as noted. Art works may not be reproduced without written permission of the artist. Additionally, artworks included on the NYFA web site do not necessarily reflect the views of NYFA.
V. NYFA CLASSIFIEDS
The content and accuracy of the listing is the responsibility of the originating organization. NYFA reserves the right to refuse to offer services to anyone at any time without notice, including illegal or “spam” listings.
Classified ad rates for jobs, opportunities, and events: 2 weeks ($95), 4 weeks ($175), and 2 months ($315).
Classified ad rates for studio spaces: 1 week ($25), 2 weeks ($40), 3 weeks ($55), 4 weeks ($75), 2 months ($125), 3 months ($165), 4 months ($190)
Advertising fees are the same for for-profits, non-profits, and individuals.
Payments may be made with a credit card (American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Discover cards accepted) or by invoice. All credit card payments are made through our secure website. If you do not have a credit card, please contact NYFA Classifieds to be authorized to make a payment by check.
New listings are posted on NYFA’s web site in 2-3 business days, usually sooner.
All sales are final; postings removed prior to expiration date will not be refunded.
Making Changes to a Listing If you would like to make changes to a listing you have already submitted, please log in to your account at https://www.nyfa.org/classifieds to make the necessary revisions.
Posting a Job with NYFA:
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the law. It is prohibited to discriminate in hiring and all other aspects of employment on the basis of gender, race, age, sex, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category. For guidelines, visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Independent Contractor or Employee? If you plan to post a freelance/consultant position, please ensure that it adheres to common law guidelines. Visit the Internal Revenue Service’s Tax Topic factsheet.
- Internship Listings: As per the U.S. Department of Labor’s Fair Labor Standards Fact Sheet #71, private sector unpaid internships must satisfy a six-point test before an internship is considered legal, including:
- The internship must be similar to training that would be given in an educational environment
- The internship experience must be for the benefit of the intern
- The intern must not displace regular employees
- The employer must derive no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern; in fact, its operations may actually be impeded on occasion.
- Individuals or Organizations Posting a Job Agree to the Following:
- NYFA reserves the right to post and/or remove any job listing at its own discretion; in the event of removal, the client posting the notice will receive a refund.
- Advertisers are solely responsible for the content of their posts, including typos, grammatical errors, and HTML formatting, which won’t be reviewed by our staff. However, NYFA reserves the right to make any necessary edits to listings.
- All job listings will remain pending until reviewed by a NYFA staff member.
- Job listings that will not be posted:
- Any listing where NYFA staff is not able to contact the poster via email or phone.
- Listings that discriminate based on race, sexual orientation, or religion or include language deemed insensitive, or that in any way violate Equal Employment Opportunity laws.
Questions? If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please email NYFA’s Jobs in the Arts at [email protected]