We know that fundraising is crucial to making your work. NYFA’s Fiscal Sponsorship program supports artists across all disciplines by providing the tools to help you develop creative projects, build organizations, and craft sustainable careers.
WHAT IS FISCAL SPONSORSHIP?
Fiscal sponsorship allows individual artists and emerging arts organizations raise funds using NYFA’s 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. Many funders only give their financial support to non-profit organizations, and by having NYFA as a fiscal sponsor you are opening up possibilities to access funding and make your work.
NYFA FISCAL SPONSORSHIP OFFERS
- The ability to apply to large-scale fundraising opportunities from foundations, government, and corporate funders that are usually restricted to 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations.
- The ability to offer individual donors a tax deduction for their gifts.
- A custom profile on NYFA’s Project Directory and ability to collect online donations.
- One-on-one fundraising strategy sessions with NYFA staff experts, including proposal writing, online giving, event planning, and board development.
- Financial services, including payroll services, and vendor payments.
- A monthly newsletter with upcoming deadlines and events.
- Access to NYFA’s wide range of services, resources, and professional development programs.
- A reputation for excellence and reliability as one of the oldest programs of its kind in the country.
Read our Application Guidelines
Read Fiscal Sponsorship FAQs
See who’s working with NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship
There are four deadlines to apply each year: March 31, June 30, September 30 and December 31 at 11:59 PM EST. NYFA also accepts Out-of-Cycle Reviews on a case-by-case basis; please email [email protected] for more details.
Image Credit: (detail) INSITU Site-Specific Dance Festival (Sponsored Project), led by Svea Schneider, INSITU Site-Specific Dance Festival, July 2017, Photo Credit: Javier Gamboa