Development and Communications Assistant
The New York Pops
Full Time Permanent
$28,000 - $34,000
The Development and Communications Assistant will provide ideas, project management, and administrative support for all Development and Communications operations of The New York Pops. We are looking for a detail-oriented self-starter to help us evolve our communications, steward patrons up the donor pipeline, and ensure that operations run smoothly. Duties also include supporting the Executive Director with board relations. The position will report to the Assistant Director of Development with direction from the Director of Development and will work closely with our small but strong staff of six. This is a terrific opportunity for an ambitious and creative person who wants to learn and grow in an arts administration role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate solicitation and special event mailings and generate gift acknowledgments.
• Ensure all donor and gift data is entered accurately and swiftly into database. Assist in preparing mailing lists and donation reports.
• Lead online auction initiatives; solicit in-kind donations, coordinate auction fulfillment, maintain positive and productive relationships with in-kind donors.
• Represent The New York Pops at concerts and events and provide logistical pre-event and day-of support for spring and fall fundraisers and various donor events throughout the year.
• Manage ticketing and box office relations for the annual gala.
• Assist the Director and Assistant Director of Development, as needed.
• Help devise and execute annual communications plan.
• Facilitate external communications and manage marketing assets including:
o Updates to website content, liaise with web developer
o Production of print and digital marketing materials
o Drafting content and managing schedule of e-blasts
o Management of supporter logos and recognition
Executive Office & Office Management
• With Executive Director, oversee preparation for board meetings; take meeting minutes.
• Coordinate board communications and outreach, distribute materials, and manage scheduling.
• Assist with answering phones, filing, and processing transactions.
• Perform other related duties or special projects as directed.
Minimum Education and Experience
2+ years of development, communications and/or board liaision experience required. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge of arts administration basics.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills.
• Strong research and data entry skills with a record of exceptional attention to detail. Experience with PatronManager, Salesforce, or comparable CRM system a plus.
• Fluent in Microsoft Office. Experience with email marketing software a plus (e.g., Marketo, Constant Contact, Emma, MailChimp).
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and respond quickly to changing priorities.
The ideal candidate will also:
• Excel in a small-team collaborative environment while maintaining ability to be self-directed.
• Be an avid consumer of culture and exhibit passion for mission-driven non-profit arts organizations.
• Exhibit enthusiasm and positive attitude with a sense of humor.
• Be conscientious, process-oriented, and eager to solve problems.
• Employ an open mind.
• M-F, 9:30AM-5:30PM (40 hours)
• Some evening and weekend work required.
• Fast-paced and goal-driven.
Wages and Benefits:
• Salary range: $28,000 - $34,000 annually commensurate with experience.
• Comprehensive benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, generous vacation and holiday schedule, 403b match, commuter benefits, and more.
The New York Pops is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
To apply, please email cover letter with resume in PDF format and include job title in subject line: email@example.com
Please no calls or email.