New York, NY
Full Time Permanent
Fractured Atlas empowers artists, arts organizations, and other cultural sector stakeholders by eliminating practical barriers to artistic expression, so as to foster a more agile and resilient cultural ecosystem.
WHAT DOES THAT REALLY MEAN?
Good question. We're a national organization that supports folks at every level of the cultural ecosystem. Mostly that includes individual artists — performing, visual, literary, design, media, and everything in between — and arts organizations — from one-person outfits to the biggest of the big. Fractured Atlas is growing and in need of a dynamic and strategic Social Media Specialist.
People who thrive working in Fractured Atlas's "Work Hard. Live Well." organizational culture are those who:
* Seek out challenging problems and relish opportunities to venture into unexplored territory.
* Are ambitious and comfortable with high‐risk, high‐impact efforts.
* Are agile, creative problem solvers with an unsentimental focus on concrete results.
* Invest their time in quality work and giving others their respect and support.
Additionally, at Fractured Atlas, we are committed to anti-racism, anti-oppression principles in all areas of our internal and external work. This commitment is grounded in our belief that change is possible, and that our work, and that of the artistic community more broadly, will grow stronger as oppression is eliminated. Learn more about what it’s like to work at Fractured Atlas by visiting work.fracturedatlas.org.
Fractured Atlas’s Social Media Specialist is passionate about being a storyteller and changing the world we live in. They will heavily participate and assist in content creation, execution, analysis, and maintenance of several social media accounts. Knowledge of digital tools, social media platforms, content creation and distribution, and strong creative writing skills are strongly preferred.
Your resume matters, but so does your heart. We want people who are doers, can make things happen, and want to work in a creative environment that is making a difference. This is not a typical 9-5 job; we are looking for someone who lives and thrives on social, which means you may be engaged on weekends and evenings if that's when things are popping off.
* Generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content daily (e.g., original text, photos, videos and news);
* Draft persuasive concepts for various social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram;
* Highlight and amplify the projects of our members;
* Copy edit content for social media tailored to each platform;
* Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g., profile pics, platform cover graphics, pinned posts);
* Engage directly with social media followers to develop an authentic sense of online community;
* Respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor audience reviews;
* Create and deliver social media reports as needed;
* Familiarity with Google Adwords and online advertising;
* Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences;
* Implement social media strategy to align with business goals;
* Set specific objectives and report on ROI;
* Monitor SEO, social media analytics, and web traffic metrics;
* Collaborate with other teams, including creative and engineering, to ensure brand consistency;
* Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions;
* Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
* MUST LOVE DATA.
* Significant interest in the arts. We want you to love what you’re talking about on social;
* Demonstrated ability to multitask effectively and take direction;
* Strong desire to work as part of a fun, creative and entrepreneurial team in a fast-paced, out-of-the-box environment;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Strong organizational and leadership skills;
* Working knowledge of social media analytics, algorithms, and SEO;
* Ability to create and deliver social media reports and performance analysis;
* Keen ability to implement digital strategy, track KPIs and real-time performance;
* Strong skills in real-time audience engagement and cross-channel content execution;
* Eagerness to learn more about social media with a commitment to creative storytelling.
Our office is in New York City, but this position is open to being 100% remote. You can be anywhere in the United States that has a reliable internet connection. Because we are primarily based on the east coast, you must be available to attend meetings during a 9am-6pm EST window.
Starting salary is $55,500. Benefits include: Dental and medical insurance, Flexible savings account, Employer‐contributed 401K plan, Commuter benefits, Professional development allowance, Ticket allowance, Unlimited paid vacation, Sick days, Paid parental and family leave, and a casual but hard‐working, friendly and supportive work environment.
Fractured Atlas is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. (Read more about our Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression commitment.) We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
May 1, 2018. Deadline for submissions is May 25, 2018.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
To be considered for the position, please use the application portal -- http://bit.ly/fa-sms-nyfa-- to upload all the items below in one PDF-formatted file with your name as the filename. (Please address materials to: April Reign, Senior Director of Marketing.)
1. A substantive and original cover letter including your interest in the position and Fractured Atlas, the date you are available to start, and why we can't live without you. (Please don't send us a "Find & Replace" cover letter. It shows, and our eyes glaze over, which is not a good thing when we're reading your letter.)
2. A list of (3) professional references complete with phone number, email address, and explanation of the relationship. (References will not be contacted without your prior consent.)
3. A résumé no longer than (2) pages outlining your educational and professional experience.
Incomplete submissions—including those failing to follow directions (seriously people, we're looking for flawless attention to detail)—will not be considered, nor will submissions sent via postal mail or fax. No calls please.
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to review our websites www.fracturedatlas.org and work.fracturedatlas.org prior to submitting materials.