NEW YORK, NY
Full Time Permanent
About LaPlaca Cohen
At LaPlaca Cohen, culture is our passion, and our work. We are passionate about experiences that help build a deeper understanding of ourselves, each other, and the world around us. And we work with all types of organizations whose purpose is to create and share these types of experiences, no matter what form they take.
We believe in cultivating meaningful innovation and impact, and harnessing the integrity and empathy required to do so. Together, we can achieve more, dream bigger, and see new possibilities.
For over 25 years, we have been privileged to work with an unrivaled roster of leading museums, performing arts organizations, educational institutions, architecture firms, botanical gardens, and foundations to ensure the enduring relevance of culture in the 21st century, and the powerful impact on ever-changing and diversifying audiences.
To learn more about our work, please visit us at www.laplacacohen.com
About the Strategy Team
The Strategy Team at LaPlaca Cohen is a creative, rigorous, nimble team, committed to ensuring the enduring relevance of culture in the 21st century, and its powerful impact on ever-changing and diversifying audiences. We partner with our clients to envision their greatest futures, find inventive solutions to their most pressing challenges, and develop innovative programs and paradigms that will shape the future of culture.
As a strategic consulting team for the world of culture, we solve complex problems facing the field today, from building the relevance and impact of culture in our society to fostering more authentic and meaningful relationships with audiences and communities, and beyond. Grounded in rigorous research and interactive client workshops, our work ranges from opportunity and impact assessments, to positioning strategies, to strategic planning and mission/vision development, to ongoing cultural audience and trend research.
The Strategist will be an integral member of a close-knit Strategy team, a role that requires enthusiastic teamwork, adventurous thinking, and powerful writing, research, and presentation skills. We are dedicated to expansive, multidisciplinary, collaborative solutions, so we welcome applicants from all disciplines, backgrounds, and experience levels who could make a powerful contribution to our work.
• Lead Strategy projects, such as positioning and messaging, mission and vision statement development, strategic planning, and audience development strategies.
• Conduct and analyze investigative research, including qualitative, quantitative, market & field research, and competitive analysis.
• Facilitate interactive client work sessions, workshops, and presentations.
• Synthesize complex topics into easily digestible, actionable, and inspiring deliverables.
• Coordinate new business proposals, pitches, and research that help us proactively seek inspiring opportunities for new projects and partnerships.
• Contribute to the growing cultural knowledge base of LaPlaca Cohen, keeping a pulse on field-wide developments in the cultural sector and beyond, and infusing our work with new and energizing ideas.
• Inform and influence firm-wide thought leadership initiatives, which can include strategies for presenting and disseminating our work in creative ways, interdisciplinary workshops and dialogues, identifying strategic partnerships, researching tactics for reaching changing audiences, and identifying new ways of activating our work in order to ensure impact.
• Inspired, creative, rigorous, outside-the-box thinking.
• Exceptional leadership, presentation, writing, research, and communications skills.
• Mature and self-motivated way of working.
• Team-player who thrives on collaboration and brainstorming.
• Ability to synthesize and visualize information and insights into compelling presentations.
• B.A. required, graduate degree is a plus.
• 4-7 years of full-time professional experience.
• Dedication to and passion for the cultural and creative world, whether that be visual arts, public space, design, performing arts, and/or architecture.
• Multidisciplinary background (preference for those who have deep knowledge of a selection of the following fields: entrepreneurial business, brand strategy, visual arts, public space, performing arts, architecture and design, graphic design, design strategy, consulting, website and social media strategy, marketing, advertising, digital strategy, market research).
• Knowledge of Keynote and Adobe InDesign is a plus.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
• Email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Strategist” in the subject line.
• This is a full-time New York based position, with a July 2019 start date.