Gallery Wendi Norris
San Francisco, CA
Full Time Permanent
Gallery Wendi Norris is hiring a full time Marketing and Sales Associate, to work out of our San Francisco Headquarters. This person will be responsible for driving all marketing communications, including social media, media relations and web site content. This person will provide pivotal sales and client support to Directors. Applicants must have at least three years experience in a gallery setting, or in a marketing role in another type of arts organization.
ABOUT GALLERY WENDI NORRIS
From its global headquarters in San Francisco, Gallery Wendi Norris represents Modern and Contemporary artists working in a variety of media around the world. The gallery specializes in re-contextualizing the work of Modern artists while providing connections to contemporary art, artists, and culture. Active on both the local and international stages, Gallery Wendi Norris mounts exhibitions where they are most relevant, and also works with individual collectors and museums in both the primary and secondary markets. Founded with an emphasis on scholarship and education, the gallery produces highly researched exhibitions and catalogues, sponsors artist talks, hosts visiting academics, and engages in public art projects.
Gallery Wendi Norris represents: Val Britton, Ambreen Butt, María Magdalena Campos-Pons, Leonora Carrington, Ana Teresa Fernández, Chitra Ganesh, Marcel Jean, Julio César Morales , Ranu Mukherjee, Yamini Nayar, Wolfgang Paalen, Miguel Angel Ríos, Eva Schlegel, Eric Siemens, Dorothea Tanning, Remedios Varo, and Peter Young.
The Gallery Associate will drive and execute all marketing, public relations and social media content on behalf of the gallery, including email marketing, press relations, sales collateral, social media posting, advertising, amongst other initiatives. Gallery Associate will be responsible for setting the timeline and strategy, drafting content, spearheading creative marketing initiatives, and presenting to Directors for approval in a timely manner.
The Gallery Associate will also act in a sales and sales support position, fielding and qualifying general sales inquiries, supporting Directors in sales processes with sales materials and presentations, drafting and sending personal emails on behalf of Directors, answering the phones, and interacting with clients in the gallery and at art fairs.
Start date flexible. Salary commensurate with experience, including health and dental insurance, 401k option, plus 15 days PTO.
- A bachelor’s degree or comparable certification.
- A minimum of three years full-time experience in a gallery setting or marketing position within an arts organization
- Familiarity with and interest in the gallery’s program and roster of artists.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, demonstrated by prior work experience and writing samples
- A strong work ethic and desire to learn and grow within a fast-paced, team environment.
- Experience with operating professional social media platforms and desire to help build a growing online brand.
- Ability and desire to travel for gallery exhibitions, art fairs, and artist events and attend events outside of gallery hours.
- Excellent time management skills, and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and desire to be a problem-solver, think on their feet and develop creative solutions to new challenges
- General understanding for how to install art, and willingness to be hands-on
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (primarily Word and Excel) and ability to learn and adapt to new software programs (including MailChimp, Hootsuite, Squarespace, Salesforce, Airtable, and more)
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with the subject line “GALLERY ASSOCIATE - MARKETING & SALES”
Cover letters should be 500 words or less, and include:
- Why are you qualified for this job?
- What appeals to you specifically about Gallery Wendi Norris?
- Tell a professional anecdote about yourself that exemplifies your value in a team-setting.
- What is a brand or individual that you think has a smart, creative and well-executed Instagram account (art-world or otherwise)? Why is it uniquely successful?
Gallery Wendi Norris will be conducting interviews in New York and San Francisco during the month of June.