Apply Now | Enhance Your Fundraising Capacity with NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship
Our next no-fee application deadline is June 30, 2022.
New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) supports artists (like you!) across disciplines by providing resources to help you develop creative projects, build organizations, and craft sustainable careers. You are visionaries that not only create art but also lead crowdfunding campaigns, research and apply for grants, build relationships with donors, and share art with your communities. We know that you cannot do this work alone and partnering with NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship strengthens your ability to launch your project into the world.
What does it mean for NYFA to sponsor your project?
NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship is a fundraising and administrative tool that allows your project or emerging organization to use NYFA’s 501c3 nonprofit status to fundraise for your own project. With this partnership with NYFA, you can:
- Apply for funding from government, foundation, and corporate grants traditionally restricted to 501c3 organizations.
- Offer the incentive of a tax-deduction to attract individual donors.
- Receive consultation services with NYFA staff at no-cost.
- Fiduciary oversight and financial record-keeping.
- A personalized profile page on nyfa.org.
Our team is here for you.
NYFA’s staff is made up of artists, filmmakers, and administrators with expertise in finance, fundraising, and project management. Our team is dedicated to providing individualized support to help you make your project or organization a success on your own terms.
We offer unlimited free consultations, with flexibility to meet in-person or remotely, on topics including:
- Feedback on grant proposals
- Fundraising strategy development
- Project management
- Marketing materials
How to apply for NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship.
The next no-fee application deadline is June 30, 2022. To apply, your application must meet these basic eligibility requirements:
- Your project/organization is arts-based
- Your project includes a public benefit component
- Your project is non-profit in nature
- You understand that Fiscal Sponsorship is not a grant program.
To learn more about whether to apply as an artist project or emerging organization, read our FAQ section. Funds received through the fiscal program are taxable, you will receive a 1099 from NYFA.
NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship’s quarterly no-fee application deadlines are June 30, September 30, December 31, and March 31. We also accept Out-of-Cycle Review applications year-round. Reach out to us at [email protected] for more information. Sign up for NYFA’s free bi-weekly newsletter NYFA News to receive updates on future programs.