Apply Now: Expand Your Fundraising Abilities with NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship
Our next no-fee application deadline is March 31.
Funding is a vital part of project development. Artists seeking to fundraise for their own creative projects should consider applying to NYFA’s Fiscal Sponsorship program to expand their fundraising possibilities.
What does it mean for NYFA to fiscally sponsor your project?
NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship is a fundraising and administrative tool that allows your project or emerging organization to use NYFA’s 501(c)(3) nonprofit status to fundraise for your own project. Through this relationship, you gain access to funding sources that typically require 501(c)(3) charitable tax-exempt sources status.
How does NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship help you?
With this partnership, you gain:
- Access to government, foundation, and corporate grants traditionally restricted to 501(c)(3) organizations;
- The incentive of a tax-deduction to attract individual donors;
- Consultation services with NYFA staff at no-cost;
- Fiduciary oversight and financial record-keeping; and
- A personalized profile page on nyfa.org.
Being part of NYFA gives me access to the community of artists and art world professionals who are there to assist my organization in launching our projectsMikhail Sokovikov, project director of The Downtown Biennial
We are here for you!
Our team is dedicated to providing individualized support to help you make your project or organization a success on your own terms. We offer unlimited free consultations on topics including:
- Feedback on grant proposals
- Fundraising strategy development
- Project management
- Marketing materials
Apply for NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship
The next no-fee application deadline is March 31. To apply, your application must meet these basic eligibility requirements:
- Your project/organization is arts-based;
- Your project includes a public benefit component;
- Your project is non-profit in nature;
- You understand that fiscal sponsorship is not a grant program.
Not sure if you should apply as an individual artist or an arts organization? Read our FAQ section.
NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship’s quarterly no-fee application deadlines are March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31. We also accept Out-of-Cycle Review applications year-round. Reach out to us at [email protected] for more information. Sign up for NYFA’s free bi-weekly newsletter to receive updates on future programs.