NYFA Learning provides professional development workshops and learning courses for artists, arts administrators, and arts professionals—anywhere with internet access.
Creators in all disciplines, from the comfort of your home, studio, or anywhere with Internet access, can explore the fundamental principles of sustainability in the arts through NYFA’s new Online Learning Initiative. As many of our professional development programs are focused on building community, these online sessions also provide virtual networking opportunities to registered participants.
NYFA LEARNING: ON-DEMAND COURSES (NEW!)
Introducing on-demand courses to advance your creative career—on your own time, at your own pace.
This new initiative is an extension of NYFA’s professional development programming for artists of all disciplines, designed to give artists on-demand access to courses and content that will help them to grow and evolve in their creative careers. The two initial courses include:
- Mapping Your Creative Career: Create a customized career plan that encapsulates what you want to achieve as an artist, walking away with actionable and attainable next steps that reflect your vision.
- Writing About Your Work: Develop an effective bio and artist statement to unlock opportunities—enabling art professionals and supporters to understand and connect with your artistic practice.
Both courses provide over 2.5 hours of instructional videos, dynamic exercises, and quizzes. Created by NYFA staff, artists, and industry experts, the individual courses are available at $35 each or $50 for both as part of a special bundle offer, and will be available to artists in perpetuity.
Live workshops for artists and cultural workers of all disciplines, held year round. Topics include:
- Art Law: Copyright & Intellectual Property
- Marketing: Social Media & Websites
- Career Panels: Discussions with Arts Professionals
- Strategic Planning: Structuring Your Career
- Fundraising: Grant Writing & Individual Donations
- Artist Statements: Writing About Your Work
- Public Art: Commission-Based Opportunities
- Taxes: For Artists & Creative Businesses
- Finance: Managing Your Money
- Work Sample Reviews: Structuring Your Portfolio
+ Other discipline-specific needs and emerging trends in the field.
Workshops are offered to participants for free or at a low cost. Each workshop is 60-90 minutes, with time for Q&A. Access to recordings is on a case-by-case basis and varies from 1-3 months after the workshop date.
Visit our Events Page for upcoming events.
INTERESTED IN BRINGING COURSES TO YOUR CREATIVE COMMUNITY?
NYFA works with colleges, universities, and arts organizations to provide educational training to students, alumni, professional artists and cultural workers of all disciplines. For more information, please visit our Educational Partnerships page or contact NYFA Learning Program Officer at Kelly Olshan [email protected] for inquiries.
NYFA Workshops are incredibly thoughtful and well formatted. The experts they engage are human, caring, honest and so well informed way beyond what I have encountered anywhere. Everyone is deeply connected and concerned that artists find a way to flourish.-Jacquie Germanow, Rochester, NY-Based Visual Artist
Image: A woman participates in one of NYFA’s online workshops, Image Credit: Amy Aronoff for NYFA