The JGS Fellowship for Photography
The JGS Fellowship for Photography is a $7,000 cash grant open to New York State photography artists living and working outside of New York City.
The Fellowship is awarded to five artists working in traditional and experimental photography or any form in which photographic techniques are pivotal. The support for this funding is provided by The Joy of Giving Something (JGS).
Please stay tuned for updates on the 2024 JGS Fellowship for Photography award cycle.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The JGS Fellowship for Photography is open to New York State photography artists, living and working anywhere in the following regions of New York State: Western New York, Finger Lakes, Southern Tier, Central New York, North Country, Mohawk Valley, Capital District, Hudson Valley, and Long Island.
- Applicants must work in photography.
- Applicants can work in traditional and experimental photography or any form in which photography or photographic techniques are pivotal, if not exclusive.
- Applicants must be a current full-time resident of New York State and have lived full-time in one of the regions listed above for a minimum of 12 months at the time applications close (residents of New York City are not eligible to apply for this award).
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age at the time the application closes.
- Students in bachelor’s or master’s degree programs of any kind are not eligible to apply.
- All past recipients of any NYFA grant or Fellowship are eligible to apply, except past recipients of the JGS Fellowship for Photography.
- NYFA employees, members of the NYFA Board of Trustees or Artists’ Advisory Committee, and/or an immediate family member of any of the above cannot apply.
Email [email protected].
Image Credit: Penelope Umbrico (NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellow in Photography ’10); 6, 063, 750 Suns from Flickr (Partial) 8/26/09, 2007-09, C-Print