Apply Now | 2018 NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship
The NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship is a $7,000 unrestricted cash award open to individual and collaborative artists living and working in New York State.
The NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship is offered in fifteen different disciplines over a three-year cycle period. The NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship is not a project grant; it is intended to fund an artist’s vision or voice, regardless of the career stage of their artistic development.
The 2018 NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship categories are:
- Folk/Traditional Arts
- Interdisciplinary Work
Applications close on Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 11:59 PM (EST)
- You must be 25 years old or older.
- You must be a current resident of New York State and/or one of the Indian Nations located in New York State for at least the two consecutive years prior to the application deadline.
- You must not be enrolled in a degree-seeking program of any kind at the time of the application deadline.
- You must not have received a NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship in any discipline in the past five years (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017), and cannot submit any artwork that has been previously awarded a NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship in the past.
- Artists that have been awarded five NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowships receive Emeritus Status and are no longer eligible to apply.
- You must not be a NYFA employee, member of the NYFA Board of Trustees or Artists’ Advisory Committee, an immediate family member of any of the above, or an immediate family member of a 2017-2018 panelist.
NYFA is pleased to announce that the name of this award has changed to NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship. NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowships are administered with leadership support from New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
Image: Jen Liu (Fellow in Digital/Electronic Arts ‘17), The Machinist’s Lament, 2014, HD video, 3D animation, 2D animation, composed music