NYC Women’s Fund for Media, Music and Theatre
The NYC Women’s Fund for Media, Music and Theatre provides grants to encourage and support the creation of digital, film, music, television, and live or online theatre content that reflects the voices and perspectives of all who identify as women.
Now in its third cycle, the NYC Women’s Fund for Media, Music and Theatre (“Women’s Fund”), administered by the New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) in partnership with the City of New York Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment (MOME), is part of a groundbreaking series of initiatives that address the underrepresentation of women in film, music, television and theatre. The Fund provides grants to encourage and support the creation of content that reflect the voices and perspectives of all who identify as women.
In 2021/22 cycle, the Women’s Fund will distribute $2.5M in funding to Media, Music and Theatre projects in NYC.
THE PROGRAM WILL PROVIDE:
- Finishing grants* for film, television, and digital projects
- Funds for the creation of music recordings or videos
- Production funds for live or online theatre
In addition to being made by, for, or about all who identify as women, projects are eligible if they feature a strong female perspective; and/or include a female-identified director and/or producer and/or writer/songwriter and/or engineer (for recordings) and/or female protagonist(s) or lead musical role.
*To be eligible, projects need to have completed principal photography.
GRANTS WILL BE GIVEN IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES (AMOUNTS LISTED ARE THE MAXIMUM POTENTIAL GRANT):
- Fiction Feature (running time of 60 minutes or more) – $50,000
- Fiction Short (running time of 59 minutes or less) – $25,000
- Fiction Webisode/Webseries (all forms) – $20,000
- Documentary Feature (running time of 60 minutes or more) – 50,000
- Documentary Short (running time of 59 minutes or less) – $25,000
- Documentary Webisodes/Webseries (all lengths and forms) – $20,000
- Music: Classical/Experimental/Jazz/New Music – $20,000
- Music General – $20,000
- Theatre Production – grant amounts up to $50,000
Applications open: Monday, July 26 at 10:00 AM EDT
Applications close: Monday, November 1 at 5:00 PM EDT
Recipients notified: March, 2022
The NYFA Grant’s team will be hosting a series of information sessions designed to help artists build a stronger application. Each session will have a Q & A section where artists can ask the Grants team questions about the application process.
Registrations will open a week before the event and all sessions will be recorded and made available on NYFA’s Facebook page.
Anyone can apply and be awarded a grant regardless of actual or perceived sex, gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, partnership status, marital status, disability (including use of a service animal), race, color, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, military status, or any other class protected by City, State, or Federal law.
Image Credit: Courtesy the City of New York Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment