Call for Artists: NYFA Fellowships in Photography
Applications open for NYFA Artists’ Fellowships for Artists in New York State
NYFA’s Artists’ Fellowship Program, which is celebrating its 30th Anniversary this year, gives out $7,000 cash grants to artists who live and work in New York State. Applications are open for five disciplines this cycle, including Photography.
The Photography category accepts work in traditional and experimental photography or any work in which photography or photographic techniques are pivotal, if not exclusive.
Deadline: Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 11:59PM
Applicants should apply with:
- Work Statement - 200 words
- Technical Statement – 400 words (optional)
- Resumé/Narrative Bio - 1 page PDF (optional)
- Work Samples - 8 digital images w/ descriptions
“I received NYFA’s support at an early stage in my career. Aside from the financial help, it really gave me the necessary moral and psychological support to believe in myself and further develop my work.
– Shirin Neshat, Fellow in Photography ‘96
Join the ranks of these renowned NYFA Photography Fellows:
- Shirin Neshat, (Fellow in Photography ‘96)
- Hank Willis Thomas (Fellow in Photography ‘06)
- James Welling (Fellow in Photography ‘86)
- Kim Keever (Fellow in Photography ‘08)
- James Casebere (Fellow in Photography ‘85,’94)
- Elinor Carucci (Fellow in Photography ‘10)
- Letha Wilson (Fellow in Photography ‘13)
NYFA awards Fellowships in 15 different categories, which rotate each year. Other disciplines offered this cycle are Choreography, Music/Sound, Architecture/Environmental Structures/Designs, and Playwriting/Screenwriting.
NYFA’s Artists’ Fellowships are administered with leadership support from the New York State Council on the Arts, a State agency.
Images, from top: Kim Keever (Fellow ‘08), Winter, 2006; Penelope Umbrico (Fellow ‘10) 6,063,750 Suns from Flickr (Partial) 8/26/09 (detail), 2007-2009.