Events: NYFA-EASL Pro Bono Legal Clinic
Annual Legal Clinic returns to NYFA on June 3
In collaboration with the New York State Bar Association’s Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Section (EASL) and Intellectual Property (IP) Section, NYFA is pleased to announce its Pro Bono Legal Clinic for artists.
This free clinic will be held on Tuesday, June 3, 2014 from 4:00 PM–7:00 PM. During the clinic, attorneys will assist on various arts-related issues, including intellectual property, licensing, collaboration, nonprofits, and contracts.
To qualify for a pro bono consultation, you or your organization must bring your most recent tax return, demonstrating that you are:
- An individual with an adjusted gross income less than $35,000
- An individual with dependents and an adjusted gross income less than $45,000
- Married, filing jointly with an adjusted gross income less than $45,000
- Married, filing jointly with dependents and with an adjusted income less than $55,000
- An organization or business with an income less than $45,000.
Note: You must also verify that you or your organization pays taxes.
If you are interested in and qualify for this opportunity, please complete the NYFA-EASL Legal Clinic intake form by 5:00 PM on Tuesday, May 20, 2014. This form is not a confirmation: You will receive an email if we are able to accommodate you.
Please note once more: You will need to bring a recent (2013) tax return in order to verify your income.
If you have additional questions, please email [email protected]