Highlights from the December IAP Newsletter
Are you currently receiving our free Con Edison Immigrant Artist Program Newsletter?
Highlights from this month’s issue include:
- Our Immigrant Artist Mentoring Program Alumni interview featuring mentor/mentee pairing of Valentina Medda and Stephano Espinoza.
- An IAP Alumni Roundup, showcasing the awards, exhibitions, and performances of IAP’s fantastic alumni from 2007-present.
- Professional development resources such as NYFA’s Emerging Leaders Bootcamp, a free, yearlong program that provides leadership training for mid-level arts administrators in the New York City area; an interview with NYFA’s Media Specialist Matthew Seig giving insider advice to filmmakers; NYFA’s Fiscal Sponsorship Program offering artists and artist-run organizations access to a large network of funding opportunities; an interview with Alexis Mendoza, interdisciplinary artist, curator, and author currently on exhibit at Derfner Judaica Museum, and more.
- 17 opportunities and deadlines, including the Triangle Arts Residency Program offering free, spacious studios in Brooklyn in a dynamic artistic community; the Cleveland Foundation Anisfield-Wolf Book Award giving annual prizes of $10,000 for books of poetry, fiction, and nonfiction; the Sustainable Arts Foundation Fellowship for Artists who are Parents, an open call to parents or legal guardians to receive a stipend and free studio for six months; and more.
- 8 featured job opportunities around the country from NYFA Classifieds.
- And more!
Image: Valentina Medda (IAP Mentor ‘15), My blood runs the other way round