Highlights from the IAP Newsletter #93
Are you currently receiving our free Con Edison Immigrant Artist Program Newsletter?
Here are this month’s highlights:
- A featured interview conducted by Judy Cai with Marco Scozzaro, Italian photographer and IAP alumnus, of which there’s also a Chinese version.
- The Tropicalfete’s Authors Connecting, a featured event in celebration of Caribbean Heritage Month.
- 15 opportunities for artists, including the Crossing Borders Open Call, a postcard show and fundraiser for RAICES (Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services) that seeks to celebrate the immigrant spirit that is part of American history; and the Renaissance Photography Prize 2017, an international award that showcases outstanding photography from emerging and established photographers while raising funds to support young women with breast cancer.
- May’s Featured Subscriber Ekaterina Abramova, a cosmopolitan painter from Russia and a breast cancer survivor.
- A Save the Date for our next Doctor’s Hours in Spanish on June 20; an invitation from No Longer Empty’s Art Portfolio Review with experienced professionals in the visual arts, including Felicity Hogan, Director of NYFA Learning; and other NYFA events and announcements.
- Professional development and resources for immigrant artists such as The League of Kitchens, an immersive culinary adventure in New York City where immigrants teach intimate cooking workshop in their homes.
- 7 featured job opportunities from NYFA Classifieds.
Don’t miss next month’s issue: sign up for the free Con Edison Immigrant Artist Program Newsletter. Find out more about NYFA’s Immigrant Artist Program (IAP).
Image: Courtesy of Ekaterina Abramova, Self-Portrait, acrylic, gold leaf, and markers on canvas, 2017