Highlights from the January IAP Newsletter
Are you currently receiving our free Con Edison Immigrant Artist Program Newsletter?
Highlights from this month’s issue include:
- An interview featuring Yevgeniya Baras, co-founder and curator of Regina Rex Gallery on the Lower East Side.
- An IAP Archive Interview with Ezra Wube, which revisits the IAP alumnus after he launched the Addis Video Art Festival.
- Professional development resources such as Panel Discussion: Finding Your Space in collaboration with University of the Arts London (UAL), a conversation on what artists from London and New York can learn from each other; BAX Service Day, an array of free talks and workshops designed to support working dance, theater, performance artists and their supporters, and more.
- 27 opportunities and deadlines with 12 unique residencies, including the ArtGarda Residency for visual artists, writers, curators and arts administrators in Sirmione, Italy launched by IAP alumnus Giada Crispels; the Sharpe-Walentas Studio Program that awards free, private 24/7 access studios to seventeen professional visual artists for a year; 2017 Kunskraftwerk Open Call in Leipzig, Germany, an open call for international artists, curators and collectives to feature their multidisciplinary projects, talks, and programs in a large exhibition space, and beyond.
- 9 featured job opportunities around the country from NYFA Classifieds.
- And more!
Image: 2015 Resident Laimah Osman in the studio. Photo by Lizz Thabet.