Join the Young Patrons Circle (YPC): Private Studio Tour with Swoon on Sept 22
Learn more about Swoon in advance of her private studio tour with NYFA’s Young Patrons Circle (YPC)
On September 22, NYFA’s Young Patron’s Circle (YPC) will visit the celebrated street artist Swoon (Fellow in Architecture/Environmental Structures ‘13) in her Brooklyn studio. The private tour will share a glimpse of her creative process and ingenious style. Her realistic artwork is on display on urban landscapes from New York City to Venice, Italy.
As a vocal art activist, social engagement is always at the forefront of her work. Swoon’s most popular installation, Swimming Cities, traveled along Venice’s Grand Canal.
Each handcrafted floating vessel featured a traveling collective of radical artists who performed everything from puppetry to live musical performances. The living experiment entranced audiences ashore who watched the visual storytelling in disbelief.
In 2010, Swoon led a team of artists to the earthquake stricken region of Haiti. Together they built the Konbit Shelter, two-family houses, along with a vibrant community center.
Each artistic creation challenges the audience’s expectations and societal perception. According to Swoon, “You can awaken different ideas of possibility when you create that environment.” Before you walk into her Brooklyn studio next week, listen to Swoon discuss how art can be used as an “potent means of action for social change”.
Watch her TEDxBrooklyn talk:
Join the Young Patrons Circle (YPC)
The NYFA Young Patrons Circle (YPC) is a vibrant group of young professionals in the creative, entertainment, social, and business sectors between the ages of 21-40 dedicated to empowering artists across all disciplines.
Young Patrons further engage with and support the cultural community in New York through fundraising initiatives, professional development, and private events.
- Recognition on NYFA’s website as a member of the Young Patrons Circle.
- Discounted tickets to NYFA’s annual Hall of Fame benefit dinner and other ticketed events.
- Invitations for you and a guest to NYFA’s annual Fellows Party.
- Private visits to the studios and rehearsals of important and emerging artists across all disciplines.
- Invitations to intimate salon events and cocktail receptions with artists.
- Invitations to events hosted by NYFA affiliates.
- Subscription to NYFA’s Donor Circle e-newsletter with updates on events, openings, and news about NYFA artists.
To join NYFA’s Young Patrons Circle, sign-up here.
For more information, please send an email to Ellen Claycomb at [email protected], or call (212) 366-6900