Save The Date: #ArtistHotline Returns April 20
Join our Artist Professional Development Day on the Third Wednesday of every month. Mark your calendar for the next discussion: Wednesday, April 20.
Thank you to everyone who participated in March’s Artist Professional Development Day! We are excited to see this initiative grow each month.
Here are some highlights and topics that were tweeted during this month’s chat:
- Business insurance companies and resources that are geared toward artists;
- Travel grant opportunities for artists;
- Artist residencies: how to select an ideal one, how to get accepted, and how to determine the best time to go;
- Whether artists need to have an artist website in addition to various social media accounts;
- Balancing digital marketing needs with other responsibilities;
- Affordable help with tax preparation for artists;
- Where to research open calls, exhibitions and opportunities;
- This year’s trends in styles/subjects in painting
Read the full Storify by clicking here!
Inspired by the NYFA Source Hotline, #ArtistHotline is a new initiative dedicated to creating an ongoing online conversation around the professional side of artistic practice. #ArtistHotline occurs on the third Wednesday of each month on Twitter. Our goal is to help artists discover the resources needed, online and off, to develop sustainable careers.
This initiative is supported by the Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation