Save The Date: #ArtistHotline Returns August 17
Recap of July’s Artist Professional Development Day and mark your calendar for the next discussion: Wednesday, August 17, 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
Thank you to everyone who participated in July’s #ArtistHotline, and kudos to all those artists who are using their summers to work on professional development!
Here are some of the key themes that came up during this month’s tweet chat:
- Resources and opportunities for artists who are also parents;
- Opportunities for folk artists and public art;
- Crowdfunding and fiscal sponsorship as tools for fundraising;
- Using social media to find open calls;
- Models for artist compensation;
- How to approach curators;
- The qualities artists look for in a residency;
- Whether to allow potentially antagonistic guests to attend events;
- Legal resources to protect your art;
- How to build a portfolio, and more!
Read the full Storify by clicking here!
Inspired by the NYFA Source Hotline, #ArtistHotline is an initiative dedicated to creating an ongoing online conversation around the professional side of artistic practice. #ArtistHotline occurs on the third Wednesday of each month on Twitter. Our goal is to help artists discover the resources needed, online and off, to develop sustainable careers.
This initiative is supported by the Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation.
Image: Faith Ringgold (Fellow in Painting ‘88)