Save The Date: #ArtistHotline Returns May 18
Join our Artist Professional Development Day on the Third Wednesday of every month. Mark your calendar for the next discussion: Wednesday, May 18.
Thank you to everyone who participated in April’s Artist Professional Development Day! We hope you enjoyed the conversation as much as we did.
Here are some topics we discussed during this month’s chat:
- Solo exhibition opportunities in New York City and Long Island;
- Professional development resources that cover pricing, booking, and email marketing strategies for the performing arts;
- Advice on filmmaking, video art, and creating work samples;
- How to market yourself and write effective press releases;
- The value of networking;
- Defining yourself as an emerging or mid-career artist, both for yourself and in the context of grant applications;
- How to prepare your space for Open Studios
Read the full Storify by clicking here!
Inspired by the NYFA Source Hotline, #ArtistHotline is a new initiative dedicated to creating an ongoing online conversation around the professional side of artistic practice. #ArtistHotline occurs on the third Wednesday of each month on Twitter. Our goal is to help artists discover the resources needed, online and off, to develop sustainable careers.
This initiative is supported by the Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation.