Save The Date: #ArtistHotline Returns October 19
Read the recap of September’s Artist Professional Development Day, and mark your calendar for the next chat: Wednesday, October 19, 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
Thank you to the artists and arts organizations who participated in September’s #ArtistHotline! We were happy to kick off the fall season with a productive conversation around the Business of Art.
Here are some highlights from the day’s tweet chat:
- How a generous mindset can help an artist network and gain exhibition opportunities;
- Funding opportunities and application tips for artists in the Mid-Hudson region;
- Top art blogs for artists to read;
- Studio visit etiquette;
- Affordable online portfolio platforms;
- The connection between teaching and artistic practice for teaching artists.
Read the full Storify by clicking here!
Inspired by the NYFA Source Hotline, #ArtistHotline is an initiative dedicated to creating an ongoing online conversation around the professional side of artistic practice. #ArtistHotline occurs on the third Wednesday of each month on Twitter. Our goal is to help artists discover the resources needed, online and off, to develop sustainable careers.
This initiative is supported by the Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation.
Image: Beth Stryker (Fellow in Computer Arts ‘99)