Save The Date: #ArtistHotline Returns September 21
Recap of August’s Artist Professional Development Day and mark your calendar for the next chat: Wednesday, September 21, 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
Thank you to everyone who participated in August’s #ArtistHotline! You made our hot August in the office more fun and we’re glad to see everyone work on their arts careers.
Here are some of the key themes that came up during this month’s tweet chat:
- How artists can convey the urgency and need for collectors to support living artists,
- How to find spaces to exhibit your artwork,
- How to find opportunities for curators and funding for shows,
- Online registeries for artists,
- Tools for researching online galleries,
- Pros & cons of working arts-related jobs as an artist and alternative or hybrid careers,
- Best practices when writing artist statements,
- Resources for incorporating fine art into English and Computer Science curriculum,
- Arranging studio visits and who and how to invite guests.
Read the full Storify by clicking here!
Make sure to follow @nyfacurrent on Twitter, and join us for our next #ArtistHotline Twitter chat on September 21, 2016, 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM EST.
Inspired by the NYFA Source Hotline, #ArtistHotline is an initiative dedicated to creating an ongoing online conversation around the professional side of artistic practice. #ArtistHotline occurs on the third Wednesday of each month on Twitter. Our goal is to help artists discover the resources needed, online and off, to develop sustainable careers.
This initiative is supported by the Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation.
Image: Zoe Schade (Painting ‘15), Crowd of Clouds, Gouache on Paper, 2013