Announcing | NYFA’s New Online Learning Initiative
Explore the fundamental principles of sustainability in the arts from the comfort of your home, studio, or anywhere with Internet access.
The New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) is pleased to announce its new Online Learning initiative to provide professional development workshops to artists, arts administrators, and arts professionals nationally and internationally through a webinar platform.
Creators in all disciplines can now explore the fundamental principles of sustainability in the arts from anywhere with an Internet connection. As many of our professional development programs are focused on building community, these online sessions also provide virtual networking opportunities to registered participants.
The first series of online workshops will expand on NYFA’s newly-revised second edition of The Profitable Artist (Allworth Press, 2018), and will cover related topics, including strategic planning, finance, law, marketing, and fundraising. Each session in this series costs $25.
How It Works:
- Each session lasts for 90 minutes, including the lecture and Q&A.
- Each session will be offered on the third Tuesday of each month from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM EST.*
- Creatives from around the world can join workshops through our webinar platform or international call-in numbers.
- Participants will have access to the presenters during the live sessions, and also to the program materials and recordings after the workshops as long as they register before the session starts.
- Registrants will have access to the recordings for six months following the session.*
* Unless otherwise noted.
Save the Dates of Our “NYFA Online Learning: The Profitable Artist” Series!
September 25: Fundraising workshop with Peter Cobb, Co-Editor of The Profitable Artist; learn more about the workshop and register here to participate.
October 16: Marketing workshop with Mara Vlatkovic, contributor to the marketing chapter of The Profitable Artist.
November 20: Legal workshop with Elissa D. Hecker, contributor to the legal chapters of The Profitable Artist.
October and November registrations will start six weeks prior to the workshop dates.
Image: Gearing up for NYFA’s The Profitable Artist-themed online workshops. Photo Credit: Amy Aronoff for NYFA