Apply Now | NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship
Partner with NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship to launch your next project. Applications are due September 30, 2020.
NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship supports artists across disciplines by providing resources to help them develop creative projects, build organizations, and craft sustainable careers. NYFA understands how important fundraising is to the growth of your career, and this program helps you flourish.
What is Fiscal Sponsorship?
NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship is a fundraising and administrative tool. It allows your project or emerging non-profit organization to use NYFA’s 501c3 charitable tax-exempt status to fundraise for your activities. Fiscal sponsorship offers:
- Access to government, foundation, and corporate grants that are traditionally restricted to 501c3 organizations.
- The ability to offer all individual donors the benefit of a tax deduction.
- Consultation services with NYFA staff at no additional cost.
- Fiduciary oversight and financial record-keeping.
- A project profile page for fundraising on NYFA.org.
- Monthly “Community Conversations” with other project directors to help expand your network and resources.
- Crowdfunding opportunities through Seed&Spark.
Services Brought to You by NYFA
NYFA’s staff of artists, filmmakers, and administrators have expertise in finance, project management, and more. We are dedicated to providing you with individualized support to help you make your project or organization a success on your own terms. Our program offers remote consultations on topics such as:
- Grant research and proposals
- Fundraising strategies
- Project management
- Board development
- Marketing materials
The next no-fee application deadline is September 30, 2020. To apply, you must meet these basic eligibility requirements:
- Your project/organization is arts-based.
- Your project includes a public benefit component.
- Your project is non-profit in nature.
- You understand that this is not a grant program.
Are you an arts collective or individual artist with a project? View our application guidelines page.
To learn more about whether to apply as an artist project or emerging organization, read our FAQ section.
NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship’s quarterly no-fee application deadlines are September 30, December 31, March 31, and June 30. We also accept Out-of-Cycle Review applications year-round. Reach out to us at s[email protected] for more information. Sign up for NYFA’s free bi-weekly newsletter to receive updates on future programs.
Image: Future Pointe Dance led by Guy Thorne, Elephant Grass, 2017; Photo Credit: Adrian Elim