COVID-19 | Resources and Updates from NYFA
Read on for a message from Michael L. Royce, Executive Director, NYFA.
We at NYFA are taking precautions with the evidence of sustained community transmission of COVID-19 in New York City, and wanted to be in touch with updates and resources to help you during this uncertain time.
In light of these extraordinary circumstances, NYFA will bring upcoming in-person events scheduled to take place at our Brooklyn office online or will postpone them to take place at a later date. We are also planning for future programming to be held in an online setting that will be accessible to all with an internet connection. If you have previously registered for an in-person event or program, you will receive an individualized update from our programs staff.
NYFA has also adopted a remote work policy around COVID-19. We are committed to our mission and to fulfilling our programmatic and financial obligations, and if you need to reach NYFA staff please email us for a timely reply. We will continue to work on your behalf and provide you with the programs and services you need for maintaining a sustainable creative life.
We also want to share resources with you from arts and culture organizations to supplement what you have likely already seen from city and national health organizations.
- NYFA: Emergency Grants Listings
- NYFA: Health Insurance and Resources
- National Coalition for Arts’ Preparedness & Emergency Response: Preparedness for Arts Sector
- Americans for the Arts: How the Arts and Culture Sector Can Prepare for the Coronavirus in the United States
- Grantmakers in the Arts: COVID-19 and Arts Funding: Update and Action Items
- CERF+ Responds to Coronavirus
- Common Field: COVID-19 Resources for the Artist Organization Field
- U.S. Small Business Administration: SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus
- Freelance Artist Resources: COVID-19
- Freelancers Union: What Freelancers Need to Know About Coronavirus
- ArtsReady: Preparing for the Potential Impact of the Coronavirus
- New York State Council on the Arts: Resources for New York State Arts and Cultural Organizations re: Novel Coronavirus
- Application Form: Seattle Artists Relief Fund
The arts, as always, have the unique ability to connect people during difficult times, and we are confident that this will continue to be the case as we navigate this pandemic.
Please take care.
Michael L. Royce, Executive Director
Image: Louise Belcourt (Fellow in Painting ’15), Mound #19, 2013, oil on canvas