Highlights from the October IAP Newsletter
Are you currently receiving our free Con Edison Immigrant Artist Program Newsletter? Highlights from this month’s issue include:
- A featured interview with Jimmy Van Bramer, Majority Leader, NYC Council Member on The Cultural Immigrant Initiative.
- The introduction of our Immigrant Artist Mentoring Program Alumni interview series with our first mentor/mentee pairing of performing artists Tidtaya Sinutoke and Volker Goetze.
- A roundup of recent NYFA Current articles including Art Resources for People With Disabilities, tips on Attending Career Fairs, and more.
- Events including NYFA’s Stacks: Three Decades of Writing Fellows with an Installation by Anne Muntges; the Rara Storytelling Procession organized by Haiti Cultural Exchange featuring Bann Konte; the African Diaspora Film Festival; the Colombian Music Festival; and the Latin American Culture Week (#LACW15) celebrating its 10th anniversary with over 60 cultural events throughout New York City.
- Over a dozen opportunities and deadlines, including the Smack Mellon Artist Studio Program providing six eligible visual artists a free private studio space and a fellowship up to $5,000; the NYFA Artists’ Fellowship Program offering $7,000 cash awards made to individual originating artists living and working in the state of New York; NYFA’s free workshop Every Artist Insured!, and much more.
- 6 featured job opportunities from NYFA Classifieds
- And more!
Image: Courtesy of Haiti Cultural Exchange