NYFA Coaching | We’re Expanding Our Coaching Roster
Professional development service for artists continues to grow.
NYFA Coaching offers targeted professional development sessions with experienced NYFA staff. Our goal for every coaching session is to give you personalized feedback specific to your own circumstances and needs. You set the agenda and you pick the coach. Coaches will help you strengthen professional materials, talk through strategic challenges, and offer an outsider’s perspective on your work. Each session ends with specific recommendations for next steps to further your professional goals.
NYFA Coaching might be right for you if you:
- Want a second set of eyes to review your cover letter and resume;
- Want feedback on a grant or residency application before you submit it;
- Need support crafting your fundraising or marketing strategy;
- Want someone to help you identify and outline professional strategies that best fit your needs and skills.
How it works:
- NYFA Coaching sessions are open to anyone.
- Session prices range from $40-$80. All sessions include a high level of dedicated staff time for reviewing your materials and offering direct feedback in person or via phone.
- You can select a 20-minute or 40-minute session. We recommend booking a 40-minute session for strategy building and/or application reviews. The 20-minute sessions are best for the review of short materials such as a cover letter or portfolio.
- Select the coach that is the best fit for you and your professional needs. If you need a different coach for different reasons, then book separate sessions.
- Reserve your session using our simple online platform. Make sure you provide all requested information so we can give you our best feedback and recommendations.
- Be prepared for a thoughtful and productive conversation with your NYFA Coach about your materials and next steps.
Who we are:
- Gabriella Calandro – Senior Program Officer for NYFA Grants. She consults on project and budget proposals, marketing and project management strategies, and image selection for portfolio review. She offers experience from across the nonprofit arts sector from arts funding management, marketing, curatorial, and public program development.
- Madeleine Cutrona – Senior Program Officer for Fiscal Sponsorship. She consults on project management, fundraising strategy, and grant and project budget review. She brings a decade of experience teaching visual art, helping artists connect with audiences, making art, and fundraising for her own projects.
- Mark Rossier – Director of NYFA Grants, and previous Director of Institutional Advancement. Based upon his extensive experience in development, strategic planning, program development, and retail, Mark is available for conversations on fundraising, board development, and resume and cover letter review.
- Matthew Seig – Media/Film Consultant. He brings his experience as a producer or director of over twelve films, both documentary and narrative, as well as film programming for community, festival, and art-house exhibition, to his role advising filmmakers at NYFA.
Make an appointment:
Interested in scheduling a one-on-one appointment with one of our coaches? Click here to register.
Find out more about NYFA Coaching for artists, arts businesses, and arts organizations, and learn how specialized NYFA staff can help you strengthen your professional materials and recommend next steps for furthering your professional goals. If you have questions about this program, contact [email protected].
Image: Madeleine Cutrona, Senior Program Officer for Fiscal Sponsorship (on left), during a recent NYFA Coaching session, Photo Credit: Amy Aronoff