NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowships in Printmaking/Drawing/Book Arts
Are you an artist working in Printmaking, Drawing, or Book Arts?
The application cycle for 2017 NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowships is open through Wednesday, January 25, 2017, and now’s your time to apply! NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowships are offered in 15 different disciplines over a three-year period to individual, originating artists living and working in the state of New York. The fellowship is for unrestricted use, and recipients will be awarded $7,000 to fund their vision or voice, regardless of the career stage of their artistic development.
The Printmaking/Drawing/Book Arts category is intended for work in visual media other than painting, including artists books, aquatints, collages, engravings, etchings, lithographs, monotypes, prints, serigraphs, woodcuts, and drawings. Artists whose work involves painting only, including watercolorists, should apply to the Painting category in the next cycle. Artists whose work involves the computer as the primary medium should apply in the Digital/Electronic Arts category. Additional 2017 categories include Crafts/Sculpture, Nonfiction Literature, and Poetry.
Deadline: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 11:59 PM (EST)
- Work Statement – 200 words
- Technical Statement – 400 words (optional)
- Cultural Statement – 400 words (optional)
- Resumé/Narrative Bio – 1 page PDF
- Work Samples – 8 digital images with descriptions
- You must be 25 years old or older.
- You must be a current resident of New York State and/or one of the Indian Nations located in New York State for at least the two consecutive years prior to the application deadline.
- You must not be enrolled in a degree seeking program of any kind at the time of the application deadline.
- You must not have received a NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship in any discipline in the past five years; 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, & 2016, and cannot submit any artwork that has been previously awarded a NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship in the past.
- Artists that have been awarded five NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowships receive Emeritus Status and are no longer eligible to apply.
- You must not be a NYFA employee, member of the NYFA Board of Trustees or Artists’ Advisory Committee, an immediate family member of any of the above, or an immediate family member of a 2016-2017 panelist.
This program is made possible through New York State Council on the Arts, State & Local Partnerships with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
Image: Heeseop Yoon (Fellow in Printmaking/Drawing/Book Arts ‘14)