Apply Now | Summer Fiscal Sponsorship Cycle
The next application deadline is June 30, 2018.
Helping artists reach their fundraising goals to execute projects is central to NYFA’s mission. NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship helps you fundraise for your projects, so you can create art.
NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship allows you to access funds from foundations, corporations, and government agencies and enables you to give every person who donates to your project a tax deduction. Additionally, it helps you do what you do best by offering one-on-one guidance to artists enrolled in the program. Below are a few of the resources we provide.
Consultations, Mentorship, and Connections
NYFA staff regularly meet with participants at no cost to discuss:
- Fundraising strategy
- Project management
- Grant research and proposals
- Marketing materials
Through NYFA’s online portal, sponsored projects can manage their accounts, track donors, pay vendors, and create online giving campaigns. Every project enrolled in our program also has a searchable profile page on our website.
Advice from the Start
We’ll help you think through strategies to make your project a success. There is no minimum balance or fundraising quota to begin utilizing our services.
What you should know before applying:
- Your project/organization must be arts-based.
- You must include a public benefit component.
- Your project must be non-profit in nature.
- This is not a grant program.
To apply you need:
- Project narrative describing your goals, timeline, audience, and plans for disseminating your project.
- Project budget listing both income and expenses.
- Resumes for you and your team.
- Support materials such as work samples for current project or past projects, and diagrams or schematics related to your proposed project.
- Letter of support from an individual or business that will directly support the creation of your project, such as committed artists, venues, clearance of music rights, etc.
The next quarterly no-fee application deadline for NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship is June 30, 2018, and you can apply here.
Interested in learning more? Join Senior Program Officer Madeleine Cutrona and Program Officer Madeline Scholl LIVE on Facebook on Tuesday, June 5, from 12:30 PM – 1:00 PM for a special presentation on NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship. Don’t forget to bring your questions!
Have we mentioned we love questions? Seriously, we do!
A quick chat with staff can help you take advantage of our program and strengthen your application. Check out our website, FAQ, and/or give us a shout at [email protected].
NYFA Fiscal Sponsorship’s quarterly no-fee application deadlines are March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31, with Out-of-Cycle Reviews accepted year-round. Sign up for our free bi-weekly newsletter, NYFA News, for the latest updates and news about Sponsored Projects and Emerging Organizations.
Image: KINEMATIK Dance Theater at INSITU Site-Specific Dance Festival, July 2017. Photo: Javier Gamboa, edited by Svea Schneider.